Chocolate & Blueberry Smoothie 💜
Do smoothies always need to be made with vegetables to be worth having for breakfast? Certainly not!
Smoothies are a great way to increase your vegetable intake for the day. I am fully behind recommending them as a good breakfast option for clients, especially those who do not enjoy eating vegetables or struggle with having enough during their meals. However, there is lots of non-vegetable smoothies you can enjoy for breakfast.
The below recipe is probably my favourite – it’s delicious, easy to make in the morning and still very nutritious and filling.
Seriously, you’ve got to try this one!⠀
- 3 tbsp oats⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder or cocoa nibs⠀
- 1 tsp cinnamon⠀
- 1 ripe banana (best frozen)
- 1 handful of frozen blueberries⠀
- 1-2 cups of milk of your choice (I used almond) – depending on how thick you want the consistency to be⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp yoghurt⠀⠀
- (optional) 1 tsp instant coffee (I used Clippers decaf coffee) or if you already brewed some coffee, add about half a cup