Quinoa porridge has recently become my go to breakfast, especially during busy weekdays as it’s so quick to make. It has a very light, rice-pudding like consistency but with more texture.
- half a cup* of quinoa flakes
- 1 cup* of nut milk (I used almond milk)
- a handful of dried mulberries (you can use other dried fruit)
- a handful of cocoa nibs
- 1 tbs ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbs honey (optional – I use it to serve)
- Bring the milk to boil
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- The porridge only needs about 3-4 minutes of cooking on low heat before it is ready to be served.
- Top up with chopped banana and sprinkle with cinnamon and more cocoa nibs. I use honey to serve or replace it with a nut butter or chocolate spread.
*I use a tea mug for measuring