Banana bread is my absolute favourite! And this is the best one you will ever have, if I may say so myself! The texture is just perfect – light and spongy and I love having it with either a bit of butter or just simply on its own!
This recipe has a lower added sugar (honey or coconut sugar) content than you would find in other recipes. I prefer to add something sweet as a topping, e.g. an almond butter with jam, rather than make the bread too sweet.
- 280g buckwheat flour
- 5 small to medium ripe bananas (in small chunks)
- 80ml honey (or 80g coconut sugar)
- 100g melted, cooled down coconut oil
- 50ml almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp biocarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius
- Use a loaf tin (I use a silicone one) and spread some butter or coconut oil inside
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix until you achieve a smooth dough consistency (I use Thermomix and set it for the bread mix function for about 5-7min)
- Pour the mixture into the tin but remember to leave some space on top as the bread will grow considerably! I pour the leftover mix into a few cupcake tins for a grab-and-go snack.
- Bake for 50min, checking after about 40 min that the top is not too dark. Depending on your oven, at that point you might want to decrease the temperature slightly. (Cupcakes should be ready in about 35min)
- Once out of the oven, keep your hands off the bread until it’s cooled down! You can then cut some generous slices and enjoy any way you want 🙂