This is the best banana bread you will ever have, if I may say so myself! The texture is just perfect – light and spongy and I love having it with either a bit of butter or just simply on its own!
This recipe has a lower sugar content than you would find in other recipes. If you fancy something sweeter, why not add a bit of jam!
Here is the recipe – you can thank me later 🙂
- 280g buckwheat flour
- 5 small to medium ripe bananas (in small chunks)
- 80ml honey (or 80g coconut sugar)
- 100g melted, cooled down coconut oil
- 50ml almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp biocarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees Celsius
- Use a loaf tin and spread some butter inside
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until you achieve a smooth dough consistency (I use Thermomix and set it for the bread mix function for about 5-7min)
- Pour the mixture into the tin but remember to leave some space on top as the bread will grow considerably! (See photos below) I pour the leftover mix into a few cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for about 50min, checking after about 40 min if the top is not burnt. Depending on your oven, you might want to decrease the temperature slightly. (Cupcakes should be ready in about 35min)
- Once out of the oven, keep your hands off the bread until it’s cooled down! You can then cut some generous slices and enjoy any way you want 🙂