In Looking for the perfect natural mascara video, I promised you I would test the natural mascaras and let you know my thoughts in a blog post. The product I will review today is Volume Mascara by Dr. Hauschka, which I’m using since then. I have to tell you guys, contrary to Ewelina’s experience, I really like this mascara.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE PROS:
– First of all it’s free of synthetic preservatives, scents, mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEG, so it’s safe to use,
– It does give my lashes volume – probably not a dramatic one but it’s more than perfect for a daily use,
– The brush is thick and handle is long, which makes applying easier,
– It doesn’t cause lash clumping,
– It has a really pleasant, natural scent,
– It’s quite easy to remove,
– The packaging is simple and classy – might seem a bit old fashioned, but to me it’s in a good way, since so many mascaras now look like spaceships.
AND NOT TO BE SO SWEET, HERE ARE SOME CONS:
– When I apply it without having previously applied eye liner, it makes a bit of a mess on my eyelid. But as I’m not a make up professional (or anything close), it’s possible that I don’t have a good technique,
– It can seem a bit pricey with a £20 price tag (I still believe it’s worth it),
– After hours of wear it can flake, but just a bit.
Overally, I’m happy with it and would definitely recommend it to you. If you’d like to hear what non-natural mascaras can cause, watch our video (warning: Ewelina can effectively scare you and make you dispose of drugstore cosmetics, haha).
Let us know your natural mascaras recommendations or any questions in the comment section below!