Trust me – ‘Less is More’ when it comes to healthy skin care. The key is to support your skin’s natural processes and stimulate its intelligence, not to fight with it.
Founder & owner of Gaia Creams
Skin is our largest organ and it absorbs whatever we put on it. Therefore, changing what I treat my skin with has been as important to me as what I eat. Gaia creams were one of the first skincare products I fell in love with almost two years ago when I started my transition to healthier living and now I cannot live without them!
The company’s ethos is based on strong ethical and ecological principles, and the idea for the products was born out of passion to provide gorgeous skin care, using non-toxic, cruelty free and vegan ingredients.
What I love about Gaia skincare
- No added perfume ingredients, which I previously found to irritate my skin straight away after using. They have a natural fragrance derived from the ingredients used in each individual cream, often taking you back to nature, like the smell of herbs or forest.
- The creams are vegan, cruelty-free and don’t include palm oil, which raises great sustainability issues. Also, all creams are raw, blended in temperature below 30*C, retaining all their goodness.
- Their website has a clear and in-depth description of each cream as well as its ingredients. It also advises on what skin types they benefit and how they can support it. I found this very useful when trying to choose from the variety of their yummy products.
- I am in love with their packaging. Each bottle is personalized with your name on it and when they arrive, you will find some herbs sprinkled in your box which smell divine!!
- The packaging is also environmentally friendly, using glass and aluminium containers that can be recycled. And they even have an amazing recycling scheme: for every 5 empty Gaia containers returned to them, they will send you a 30ml raw cream of your choice for free!! Who doesn’t love gorgeous freebies like these? I am that lucky girl just finishing my 5th one and soon my free jar of goodness will be on its way 🙂
Products I have been using most recently
Palmarosa and Thistle Raw Face & Body cream
As I felt that my post acne scars have still been visible and I have been getting an odd blemish every now and then, I wanted something to help support my skin to purify and repair the damage. I just love the feeling when I apply this rich cream on my skin; its consistency is similar to a butter, quite rich and moisturising but still well absorbed. I apply my cream before going to bed on a damp skin (straight after using my toner). Every morning I wake up with my skin feeling really nourished, soft and glowing. You can just feel it working its magic! The price of this 30ml bottle is £16 and it lasts for 6 months.
Raw Love Eye & Face cream
I felt like my under the eye area needed a little boost of hydration and elasticity support, so I decided to try Gaia’s eye cream as well. I love the rich consistency, so easy to apply without any added stress to this delicate part of your skin. The Avocado and Rosehip Oils help stimulating collagen and the skin’s elasticity. The price is £11 for a 15ml bottle – I wasn’t able to use it all within 6 months so I had to start using it on the rest of my body. I wouldn’t want to waste any of it!
Things to remember with these gorgeous handmade to order and raw creams
The ordering time is up to 5 working days (but I normally receive them in 2-3 working days in the UK which is amazing)
They need to be used within 6 months from the date of when they are made (the date is on the packaging) and best kept in the fridge, although keeping them in a cool and dark place work fine too.